Thursday, October 11, 2007

Passion of Work

Wow, it's been so long since my last entry. Been really busy at work and seriously, I didn't expect to be this busy ... haha ...

Well, lots of exciting things happening and visions being shared.:)

The church just got a new back drop for the sanctuary stage and I'm sitting in my office now having just pulled an all-nighter putting everything back on stage and trying very hard to make the stage tidy - to match the very elegant backdrop.

I'm so tired now - but most importantly, I'm happy and I enjoy my job so much!

I guess although I love the job, I really do feel the pressure of the job. Given the circumstances and the relationships I share with people in the church, I'm under pressure to not only perform, but to perform OUTSTANDINGLY.

I seriously don't know how to explain it. Deep in my heart I really really have a deep passion for my job and a passion for excellence for the church, but at the same time, I'm conscious that there are lots of people in the church (both "supporters" and "non-supporters") whose eyes are on me to see what results I'll produce for the church. I'm praying my passion for excellence will outshine any expectations on me - even my own expectations. I am working not for the church - I am working for God - so people's expectations do not matter - only God's expectations matter.

Most importantly however, there is one thing I know for sure - it is my God who has put me where I am now. If there is anyone who will support me all the way, encourage me and give me the wisdom and anointing to face my job, it is my God. So if my God is for me, WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME?

In Christ there is love, and perfect love casts out all fear! :) Wow, I guess Sunday did help! :)

Well, time to get some rest and get ready for a new day!

No comments: