Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tri? Try!

OK, I've made up my mind. I'm gonna complete a Triathlon. When? I don't know yet - I don't even know when the next race is gonna be. But once I hear of a triathlon to sign up for, I'm gonna register immediately. I'll probably do a Sprint distance as a start.

In the mean time, to pave my training, I'm aiming to finish my first 10km race in July, and then do the Army half marathon after that. I've gotta build up my base fitness now .. :)

The beauty in "Tri-ing" is you compete against yourself. I wanna race against my mind, I wanna beat it, I wanna bring myself to where I never thought I could go. I'm gonna train and race with my old mountain bike, run in my shorts and COTTON T-shirt. I don't care. I'm not competing against that guy with that Italian Tri Bike and Dri-Fit all over, I'm competing against MYSELF!

1 comment:

gLeNiSe said...

hey, the next tri is OSIM in July. Open for registration liao...