Tuesday, September 18, 2007

In Sabah

Almost nearing the middle of my trip in Sabah - been spending my time with the family and doing lots of fun stuff.



Went to the beach and played some traditional "kampung games," drove around, ate some of my childhood favourite foods etc. :)

Also visited the local Chinese church and I could see that the Holy Spirit is doing a work in the local church which is really exciting. Not only could I see the Spirit moving, I could also see some of the same problems in a "family church" setting here in Sabah as it is in Singapore.

I am even more convinced of God's calling for the ministry He has placed me in and this ministry will touch and bless churches all around the world - typical smaller "family" churches for them to be equipped for revival!

Though this trip is meant to be one of getting away from things and seeking God, I find myself unconsciously thinking of stuff in Singapore, in the church and in the ministry. It's nothing much really, just that I find myself so absorbed in the ministry. :)


Anyway, besides all these, one of my greatest automotive passions is always renewed when I come back to Sabah - the legendary 4x4!!


Every time I come here, I get updated of the latest 4x4 vehicles available and I marvel at their off road capabilities.


People all around me in Singapore always talk about getting the fastest and best looking sports car and how much horsepower their car can give or how many people their vehicle can carry.


Well, I'm not interested in all that, I'm just interested in how much torque the vehicle has, how many tons it can carry and pull and most importantly, how far into the forest or how high up a mountain it can go. :)


Oh well - I'm gonna get my first 4x4 vehicle soon - and please, nothing like the Toyota Rush or even Lexus RX300. HAHA ... I want a REAL 4WD!! :)


OK, enough talking - here are some pictures ...








No comments: