Wednesday, June 06, 2007

One Life, One Love

Heard this very very powerful song during Emerge 2007 and I was instantly touched. Song was written by one of the most talented Christian songwriters in this generation, Brother KC Gan from CHC. He is one the role models in my life - just reading his blog and listening to his songs has made me grown so much.

Furthermore, he's a bass player too! :) Everytime I hear a new song from him, I'm encouraged that I too can write songs like that for my church. Oh Lord, I need your ANOINTING! :)

When I heard this song, it so encouraged me so much - like a reaffirmation that God knew me from the start and had my destiny plotted for me right from the beginning. It was a also a call for me to REALLY lay my life at the altar, to love Him with everything I had, to follow His word and to have a broken heart before Him.

Oh man, you really have to hear this song! :)

One Life, One Love
Words and music by Brendon Seetoh & KC Gan
2007 City Harvest Church

Who am I, that you would know me from the start
Set me apart.
Who am I, that you would place eternity into my heart

You have given to me more than this world could give
My purpose is found in you

One life, I lay at your altar
One love, I have with you
Touch me again, fill me as you hold my outstretched hands
One word, you know I will follow
One heart, broken to you
Use me again, your mercies follow me,
for all my days

In your presence, in your power,
Holy Spirit I surrender

No comments: